In this article we explain more about the Google maps plugin. This plugin is used to show locations on a Google map. A common usage if to show the location on the contact page.
Adding the google map allows visitors to find the exact spot of your location and provides easy directions. It also improves the user experience and visual appeal of your website.
How to add a plugin can be found here.
- Open the structure right at the top.
- Press the + icoon. In the window that opens choose Google map.
- In the screen that then opens, a title can be given to the map. The width and height can also be entered here.
In control settings there are some options for showing the Google maps.
Click here for more information about the control settings.
- Then click Save. The map has then been added but to make a location visible on the page, the Marker must be added.
- You can add a marker by clicking on the Google Map Plugin clicking the + icon.
- Here you choose the Marker section, which will open a screen to add the marker.
- Enter the full address in the Full address section.
Note: Latitude and longitude can be used to determine the location to be fine-tuned.
- In the Icon section you can add your own chosen Icon.