In this article, you will learn how to add a privacy statement to your school website.
Adding a privacy statement is mandatory for every website that collects personal data. A privacy statement is required even if you have a contact form on your website.
- Go to Management via the toolbar.
- Then, click on the Privacy button under Quick access. You will now see the privacy management window. Click on Add below the Privacy Statement section.
- In this window, you can add your privacy statement in three ways:
- By writing your own privacy statement in the Privacy Statement field.
- By linking to a page within your website where you have already written a privacy statement in the Internal Link field.
- By linking to a page outside your website where the privacy statement is located in the External Link field. This is especially useful if the organization has a general privacy statement on its website.
Not sure what should be included in a privacy statement? Check out our guide on writing a good privacy statement here.
Once you have filled in one of the options, press "Save" at the bottom of the page. If you want to see how the privacy statement you just added looks, first click on the cross to close the window. Then scroll to the footer of your page, where you will now see a link called "Privacy statement" at the very bottom. Click on it, and your privacy statement will appear.